Joining a thriving international business with clear forward strategy and direction, you will lead as Category Manager overseeing HR spend.
Covering all aspects of the spend category, including recruitment (temporary and permanent), pension services, occupational health, employee benefits and training & development, you will be responsible for a broad suite of supplier contracts.
As Category Manager you will work to develop category strategies, working closely with senior level stakeholders in the process. You will take line management responsibility for one individual, who will support you in day-to-day delivery. It is therefore essential that you are confident and capable in both category planning and people management.
Given the current climate, this role will initially be home based with a view to transition to the Surrey-based office in the future. Longer term, a degree of flexibility is required to travel on an ad-hoc basis to visit stakeholders in other locations. In return, this business offers a great deal of flexible working to ensure consistent work-life-balance is maintained.
- Identify requirements and develop clear strategy for the HR spend portfolio, in conjunction with the business strategy, taking full account of other activities within the function’s portfolio
- Ensure that the business support teams such as Legal and other stakeholders are involved and contributing to the delivery of the portfolio, and manage the workflow to ensure that the internal processes are carried out in a timely manner to meet the business expectations.
- Negotiate and obtain optimum strategy for the business, including identifying and leveraging group synergies where practical as well as generate and record savings for the company
- Develop a supplier base that is appropriate to the size and complexity of the organisation and mitigates the supplier risk in a suitable manner.
- Ensure that suppliers deliver the expected goods and services to the required quality in a timely manner and at the agreed costs as well as managing exceptions effectively and ensure mitigating actions are put in place and followed.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Collaborative nature with proven experience working with cross functional teams with the ability to build as well as maintain strong working relationships.
- Strong negotiation skills with experience in negotiating high value and complex multidiscipline contracts.
- High degree of commercial acumen, being able to understand complex commercial issues, and drive complex commercial negotiations to conclusion.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience of working with as well as advising all levels of leadership.
- Excellent organisation skills and strong attention to detail whilst working on multiple projects.
- Strong positive team ethic with a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated experience in the award and development of contracts and procurement strategies for complex high value projects.
- Strong understanding of contract and commercial law and sound understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Experience in Bid Process Management including supplier sourcing, documentation, evaluation and selection and managing the tendering and award of contracts for high value multidiscipline contracts.
To discuss the Category Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780043157. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.