With a new Senior Leadership team and a newly structured procurement function, this organisation is going to be embarking on a transformation journey with your role taking control and delivering on the new strategy within the Professional Services category.
Based out of Reading, your role will be to lead the Professional Services categories – particularly Contingent Labour spend and Consultancy spend.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To develop and deliver innovative and appropriate indirect sub category strategy plans
- To provide a level of business partnering to divisional stakeholders
- To identify and lead proactive sourcing activity (high value, risk, complexity and strategic importance) within the Category Management team.
- Develop and manage Preferred and Approved Supplier Lists
- Owning the contract management for the assigned sub-category
- Be seen to be the expert in the assigned sub-category, delivering insight through internal and external analysis as well as the development of deep category, commercial and market expertise.
- Creating compelling business cases for change, aligned and in collaboration with divisional stakeholders as well as the wider Procurement team.
- Follow Procurement best practice, policy and procedures, complying with agreed processes utilising the standard Procurement toolkit and ensuring consistency with company principles and CSR policy.
- Line management, development and coaching of direct and indirect report(s). Responsible for recruitment and on boarding of new reports.
Ideally you will have the following experience:
- Extensive Professional Services category management experience (across a range of Professional Services sub-categories, including contingent labour and consultancy spend).
- Significant experience of working with Blue Collar, White Collar and/or Consultancy spend
- Excellent stakeholder management skills (demonstrated at Director Level)
- Significant sourcing planning, execution, negotiation and implementation experience
If you’re a proven leader with extensive Professional Services category management experience, then this amazing culture and high-profile transformation could be just the challenge you need. Apply today with an up to date CV, or call Sam on 01962 869 838 for a confidential chat.