Procurement Heads is currently working with a recognised charity to find a Category Manager to implement strategic direction for the Property category spread across over 60 different locations.
This role will work within a team of 3 Category Managers and have a spend of £20m.
The Category Manager will be required to:-
- Implement the agreed Procurement Strategy
- Create, innovate and deliver supply chain solutions that align with the business goals, are “fit for purpose” and that deliver both tangible benefit and value
- Drive a business partner approach with senior stakeholders ensuring delivery of professional advice, guidance and challenge that is underpinned by expert knowledge of spend areas under control.
- Deliver financial savings
- Drive implementation of and continually reviews procurement strategy with key stakeholders thereby ensuring alignment with business direction thus enabling the company to achieve its medium to long terms goals
- Ensure the company builds and maintains expert knowledge of the key supply markets under control
- Develops relevant supplier relationships that will aid the delivery of company strategy, drive innovation, continual improvement and best practice.
- Maximises the ROI on the spend with third parties
- Challenges stakeholder requirements and educates stakeholders on the supply base and the market in order to drive maximum benefit and preferred supplier compliance
- Works with the business/key stakeholders in promoting and delivering effective contract and supplier management practices
- Manages risks and ensures value for money through effective negotiations and putting in place appropriate contractual relationships
Skills and Experience
- CIPS qualified or equivalent experience
- Experience of commercial negotiations
- Contract management
- A deep understanding of the market and supply base in property
Salary and Benefits
- £60k per annum
- 33 days holiday inc BH
- Health Cash plan
- Hybrid 2 days in office either Oxford or Lincoln