A leading, people
centric focused retailer with over 50 UK stores is recruiting for a Category
Manager to join their Professional Services category. This Category accounts
for circa £360m across a number of spend areas including contingent labour,
customer contact centres, permanent recruitment, learning and development,
banking services and travel and forms part of the wider GNFR function.
The Goods Not For Resale (GNFR) area in Procurement accounts for around £1.6bn across the Group; this spend is broken down across category groups like Property, IT, Retail and Distribution, Marketing, and Professional services.
I am looking for a highly driven and creative professional with a naturally inquisitive nature to fulfil the role of Category Manager. You will manage the development and delivery of innovative and appropriate GNFR sub category strategy plans (areas as mentioned above), informed by analysis of internal and external information as well as deep market and supplier expertise. You will collaborate with divisional stakeholders to create compelling business cases for change, and deliver solutions for the Group.
- To develop and deliver innovative and appropriate Goods Not For Resale (GNFR) sub category strategy plans, informed by analysis of internal and external information as well as deep market and supplier expertise.
- To provide a level of business partnering to divisional stakeholders, offering Procurement expertise and delivering the outstanding level of customer service expected.
- To identify and lead proactive sourcing activity (high value, risk, complexity and strategic importance) within the Category Management team. Identifying and exploring all potential opportunities feeding into the Procurement opportunity pipeline.
- Develop and manage Preferred and Approved Supplier Lists (PSL / ASL) for the assigned sub-categories.
- Owning the contract management for the assigned sub-category, and supporting the stakeholder in administering the contract as required.
- Develop close working relationship with Partners within the Sourcing Operations Team to deliver sourcing activity.
- Be seen to be the expert in the assigned sub-category, delivering insight through internal and external analysis as well as the development of deep category, commercial and market expertise.
- Creating compelling business cases for change, aligned and in collaboration with divisional stakeholders as well as the wider Procurement team.
- Follow Procurement best practice, policy and procedures, complying with agreed processes utilising the standard Procurement toolkit and ensuring consistency with Partnership principles and CSR policy.
- Line management, development and coaching of direct and indirect report(s). Responsible for recruitment and on boarding of new reports.
- Batchelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Working towards MCIPS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Developed stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of developing and implementing category strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to build relationships and influence effectively at senior levels
- Demonstrable experience working in a strategic procurement function.
- Detailed experience in the procurement of the specifically assigned sub-category.
- Retail Head Office experience.
- Evidence of the delivery of cost savings in a Procurement role.
- Line management, recruitment and across the business.
- Strong commercial, analytical, SRM and Supplier negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of sourcing, supplier management and procurement processes and policies.
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838 . All enquiries are handled confidentially.