A well-established utilities organisation in Berkshire is undertaking a procurement transformation at present and incorporating Category Management into their working practices.
Reporting to the Commercial Business Partner, the Category Manager will lead the Professional Services Category with a spend of c£100m ranging from traditional consultancy to legal and audit/insurance.
This is a category that touches every area of the business and as such, you will be exposed to a broad range of stakeholders from mid-management to Executive level who have previously managed their respective spend in relation to Professional Services.
The key to succeeding in this role will be the ability to engage with the stakeholders by getting them to understand the value that procurement can bring.
To do this you will need to evidence market expertise into conversations, demonstrate what good likes like in this category by utilising tangible examples of how other organisations are working to build your credibility.
You will clearly need to be a confident communicator and have experience dealing with a broad range of stakeholders.
You do not need to have worked solely in Professional Services; this role would equally suit somebody who has Indirects experience in other categories or who considers themselves a generalist.
- Excellent exposure across all functions.
- Work for a highly commercial shareholder owned business that delivers a truly essential service to 4m customers.
- True ownership of the Professional Services category at with senior exposure and huge scope for improving this business area.
- Large spend remit of c£100m.
- Join a function of more than 100 commercial professionals, during a time of growth and transformation.
As Category Manager – Professional Services, your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead the development and execution of the Category Strategy for Consultancy and other Professional Services categories – spend c£100m.
- Engage with business users at a mid-management through to executive level, ensuring high-quality service and the appropriate challenge is provided.
- Face off to the consultancy supply chain ensuring they are engaged, well advised, and ultimately performing well for the organisation.
Relevant skills & experience
- Strong track record of success in category management.
- Ability to act as a Critical Friend to stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A thirst to develop knowledge and expertise around your categories/markets.
- Ability to write concise, meaningful reports and presentations in areas such as of category planning, sourcing strategy, risk management strategy.
- Indirect category management experience
- Experience specifically working with consultancy procurement would be an advantage
You will be a natural salesperson who is able to tailor messages to the needs and priorities of their audience.
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Manager – Professional Services in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.