With a recently-appointed CPO, an ambitious FTSE 250 FMCG organisation has revamped its factories with best-in-class machinery and is now looking to appoint a Category Manager to manage its CAPEX spend and embed an MRO strategy.
Having kicked off the implementation of Procurement 2.0 earlier this year, you will report into the CPO’s second-in-command and have experience driving solid control processes and compliance.
Your role will span multi-sites across the UK and require travel on an intermittent basis to meet key stakeholders across the business as you implement MRO strategy.
As Category Manager (CAPEX & MRO) your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing and managing category strategies
- Supplier negotiation, including the development of contracts
- Delivering benefits including cost avoidance, cost savings and process improvement
- Developing and implementing an SRM programme for the category
- Managing a complex set of stakeholders and being the ambassador for Procurement
- Acting as a point of escalation for resolving supplier performance issues
- Bringing innovations and insight to the Operational stakeholder group, in support of the Engineering digitisation agenda
- Adhering to the relevant Purchasing Policies and Processes in force, including following the correct delegation of authority and segregation of duties.
Skills and experience:
- Good understanding of FMCG manufacturing equipment and systems and supply base
- Strong category management experience with a track record of delivering significant CAPEX cost avoidance and reducing costs and complexity of MRO
- Demonstrable cross-functional stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Good negotiation skills and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with Engineering contract structures eg MF1
- Working knowledge of SAP (preferably SAP Ariba) and MS suite
- High level of competency in excel, including familiarity with pivot tables
Benefits of the Category Manager (CAPEX & MRO) role include:
- 10% bonus
- Private healthcare
- Matched pension
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Manager (CAPEX & MRO) role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.