A leading insurance business based in Sussex is recruiting a Category Manager to oversee marketing and professional services spend. You will be working across the marketing, digital, aggregators and professional services categories to deliver procurement projects, manage contract risk and adherence and drive innovation and improved value from suppliers throughout the supplier life cycle.
The Senior Category Manager (Marketing & Professional Services) will be working at all levels across the business up to Executive level in managing all aspects of the end to end procurement process. As a people leader with a broader set of categories to manage you will be expected to demonstrate the leadership capabilities and develop a team which delivers against stretching objectives.
As Senior Category Manager you will take full ownership of developing and delivering ambitious category plans in partnership with business leaders, taking a highly proactive approach to identifying and prioritising opportunities, driving business engagement and researching latest developments, key players, innovations and opportunities within their category of supply.
The team here will work closely with you, and support in this business is never too far away. The company adopts a friendly and approachable culture, self-development is encouraged, and the inspiring Director here will no doubt push you to be the best you can be.
As Senior Category Manager (Marketing & Professional Services) your key accountabilities will be:
- Create and deliver against ambitious Category Plans for areas of responsibility, identifying opportunities to deliver savings, increase value, improve service outcomes and manage risk, working in partnership with key stakeholders
- For assigned categories, run procurement end to end activities (tender/auction, negotiation, due diligence etc. through to signing)
- Build a strong partnership with key stakeholders in the business, ensuring early engagement, making the process easy for them, with clear inputs, deliverables and acceptable turnaround times for completion of procurement activity.
- Liaise with legal to support stakeholders in a smooth contracting process, with key clauses and outcomes clearly understood.
- Maintain an up to date expertise in latest developments, key players, innovations, opportunities, market developments and regulation in your category
- Negotiate best commercial outcomes with suppliers which balance cost with service level, risk, tenure and alignment of long and short term organisational goals
- On board and implement suppliers, ensuring a clear implementation plan is in place and track benefits where delivered
- Manage in life contractual adherence, measure business case delivery and support identification and management of supplier risk
- Work in partnership with suppliers and supplier managers in the business to identify future opportunities to drive cost reduction, efficiency, drive transformational innovation or improve commercial outcomes
- Provide transformational leadership and development of direct reports, setting and managing delivery against stretching objectives
- Ensure that all Supply Chain activities are carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with Supply Chain policies & procedures
Skills and experience required:
- Significant relevant experience in a similar role, ideally with marketing and professional services category experience
- CIPS qualified, or working towards CIPS qualification (preferred)
- A skilled negotiator with commercial acumen, being able to understand complex commercial issues driving negotiations to a conclusion in a timely manner with attention to detail
- Communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Highly organised, and able to manage multiple projects to a conclusion in a timely and effective manner
- Effective stakeholder management.
Benefits of the Senior Category Manager (Marketing & Professional Services) role include:
- £55-65,000 DOE
- £5k car allowance
- 10% bonus
- 27 days holiday
- Flexible benefits
To discuss the Category Manager (Marketing & Professional Services) role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7387 103 143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.