A Public Sector organisation with an exciting and innovative digital agenda are reaching out to appoint a Category Manager. As Category Manager in the IT & Digital Commercial team you will be responsible for a range of projects, all pivotal to driving the organisation to be highly efficient in utilising technology at all times.
The organisation is committed to providing services of the highest standards, ensuring these are accessible to all service users. Your role will have direct impact on how these services are delivered and utilised. Day to day you will be responsible for IT procurement activity, contract management and budget reporting.
Further responsibilities include;
- Working alongside the team to drive four key areas of Digital & IT: Commissioning, Commercial management (Category), P2P process, Supplier management and Budget reporting
- Contribute to the sourcing strategy for IT on 3 and 5 year cycles
- Work closely across Digital & IT to deliver the IT Category Management Plan and associated KPIs
- Work with the Commercial Manager on the development of costing, funding and charging models
- Participate in inter-authority category management initiatives for the benefit of the contributing authorities.
Skills you will need;
We are looking to recruit a candidate with significant experience of procurement processes, with the ability to run end-to-end cycles. You will come with existing experience of IT categories and a passion to deliver procurement that truly makes a difference.
Whilst it would be advantageous, it is not essential that you come with experience of OJEU. Although there will be a need to learn and develop your skills in respect to this.
Benefits we can offer you;
This organisation is in the heart of a vibrant area of Surrey close to a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to work. The organisation also recognises the need for flexible working and encourage the team to be agile in their nature. You will be responsible for your own workload, your time management and how you prioritise activities.
Further benefits include –
- 29 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Leading pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
If you’d like to be part of a commercial team that drives innovation through technology this could be the opportunity for you! To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads. All enquiries are confidential, you can reach Sophie on 01962 869 838 / email@example.com.