A leading Utilities provider has recently undergone a transformation programme in their IT Procurement and Commercial function, and as a result, is looking to recruit an IT Category Manager.
The Category Manager (IT) role will support the rollout of a new IT Category Management and SRM function of which the business has not seen before. This role will report to the IT Procurement & Commercial Lead and be responsible for a broad range of IT Procurement activities whilst overseeing key regulated tenders and business partnering with the group to meet their strategic goals.
As Category Manager (IT) your key responsibilities will be:
- IT Category Manager acting as a Procurement & Commercial Management specialist for the IT Commodity
- Strategy ownership of Networks and Telecommunications Categories including Mobile
- Deliver these category strategies aligned to current and future business demands
- Become the lead for at least two critical supplier relationships within their category and to take full leadership and development of SRM across this Category to include governance meetings, supplier performance and delivery, innovation, relationship and all commercial matters
- Manage key stakeholder relationships
- Lead complex /high-value sourcing initiatives spanning Managed Services, Software, Hardware, IT consultancy
- Bring Cloud technologies knowledge and contract knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Ensure sourcing initiatives are delivered in compliance with current EU Regulations and Governance
Skills and experience required:
- Strong knowledge in all aspects of the full end-to-end procurement process with an understanding of UK procurement and EU procurement legislation.
- Have come from an IT / Technology strategic procurement background with experience across Networks and Telecommunications preferable
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders in the business
- Have experience in managing Supplier Relationships across performance, delivery, risk and innovation
- People leadership qualities
- Have the energy and drive to deliver key strategic projects for the business.
- Have strong numerical and situational analysis skills which support complex decision making.
- Educated to Degree level (preferred but not essential)
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT / Technology procurement
- Ability to operate calmly under pressure
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritise to meet expectations
- MCIPS (preferred not essential)
In applications we will be looking for:
- Evidence of stakeholder engagement. There are 5 main Directors with circa 35 projects that need delivering at any one time. You need to be able to establish credibility and foster those relationships
- You will not be an IT specialist. Someone with a broad generalist knowledge of IT Procurement will work well as the projects are so varied. Experience of Telco/Networks would be advantageous
- You will understand what it means to work in a highly regulated environment and can deliver within these parameters
Benefits of the Category Manager (IT) role include:
Flexible working; you will be expected to visit the office twice per week in order to build credible and meaningful relationships with the stakeholders. However, this is a delivery focused role and the ability to work from home/other sites is encouraged. Your requirements can be openly discussed at interview to agree what works for you.
To discuss the Category Manager (IT) role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.