A leading UK financial services firm specialising in wealth management, asset management, life assurance and general insurance is looking for a highly skilled IT hardware specialist procurement professional to join the team as a Category Manager.
You will be reporting into the Sourcing Manager who overlooks the category strategy, but you will have autonomy of c.£20 million spend and will develop and implement the category strategy in line with finance regulations.
The IT hardware category will include but not be limited to: infrastructure, desktop, laptop, hosting, security, print technology, business continuity and disaster recovery, digital marketing and data destruction.
Your main responsibility will involve leading the selection and management of supplier partners, working collaboratively with stakeholders from across the different business units to ensure best value for money for the business.
• CIPS qualified and degree educated preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to be able to engage stakeholders across varying degrees of seniority.
• Commercial acumen to deliver the best solution for the business – innovative and creative.
• IT hardware category expertise.
• Experience leading tender processes: RFIs, RFPs, RFQs.
• Manage existing contracts and ensure agreed delivery.
If you are eager to discuss this opportunity and think you have the right personality to deliver please get in touch today.