Procurement Heads are excited to be supporting one of the World’s leading food & ingredients manufacturers. The Procurement function is is benefitting from impressive growth and development and as such we are recruiting a Procurement Category Manager in the Indirects function.
You will be working closely with stakeholders in Supply Chain, IS and Corporate Services to provide expert market knowledge and insight into deliver business objectives and targeted results.
ROLE: Procurement Category Manager
INDUSTRY: Food Manufacturing
HYBRID: Will require site visits to suppliers and manufacturing sites
- Implementing sourcing strategies to deliver objectives and targeted results with key stakeholders across the indirect categories.
- Engaging with your stakeholders to deliver the objectives, challenging them and supporting strategic requirements.
- Managing supplier relationships to ensure necessary contractual arrangements are constructed, negotiated and service level agreements are in place
- Prioritisation and delivery of a range of projects across the Indirects team, ensuring risks are mitigated and delivered to agreed deadlines.
- Leading and supporting the Indirects teams through the commercial and contractual process with suppliers resulting in robust contractual frameworks
- Advising on process improvement opportunities for the Indirects procurement team to increase performance and capability.
- Ensure Procurement tools, systems and processes are kept up to date and are used to the full
- Management of procurement risk and provision of market knowledge to support decision making in the business
- Procurement category management experience – specifically Indirects (including MRO – Materials, repairs and operations)
- Proven track record of leading and delivering sourcing strategies within a manufacturing environment and the supporting functions.
- Broad knowledge across a range of categories with flexibility to react to stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements relevant to the contracts and spend categories.
- Experience of e-procurement tools and P2P requirements.
- Commercially astute and financially literate.
What’s on offer:
- Paying up to £65,000
- Up to 20% bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- + A whole host of market leading corporate benefits