One of Hampshire’s globally recognised businesses has an opening for a strategically-minded and driven Category Manager to join its Procurement Team.
This is a well-established organisation of over 200 years, with best in class design and cutting-edge technology and products bringing the organisation to the forefront of its market. The organisation now operates in over 68% of countries worldwide, so this unique role will boost your Procurement career in terms of experience, and visibility.
Having received business wide promotion and backing from the CEO and the Board members, the procurement team you’ll be joining is currently going through a full re-build project, and is committed to re-engaging with the business. It is a truly exciting time to be joining the team!
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven Category Manager to have a real impact within their role, and with a proactive approach can be responsible for re-shaping the direction of Procurement within the business. This is a full end-to-end opportunity where you will have responsibility for full category spend, supplier management and everything in between.
If you have 5+ years commercial experience in a strategic sourcing role and are looking to push your career on, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
You will ideally have:
- Two to five years Category Management experience
- Previously been part of a team during a re-structure
- A proven background in implementing category strategies
- A track-record of delivering savings from sourcing activity
- Great negotiation skills
- Strong communication / people skills
In return, the benefits of working with this organisation include:
- A competitive salary with additional bonus and car allowance
- A pension scheme in which the organisation will contribute 150% of the employers contribution, up to a maximum of 6% (therefore employer contribution would be 9%)
- Childcare vouchers
- Free parking
- The ability to buy or sell holiday
- Global exposure within a world-leading market
- The opportunity to affect change and make your mark