A leading company in the leisure industry is offering a highly sought-after and unique opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional.
To help steer cost-savings, this FTSE 100 is looking for a driven, enthusiastic and experienced indirect procurement Category Manager to manage £100m spend keeping a very close relationship with the main supplier of which a majority of this spend value is partnered with. This procurement team work very collaboratively so you will work alongside other category managers utilising the existing supplier base. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a challenge as the Category is fairly untouched – make your mark!
As Category Manager on the Indirect Procurement Management team, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and leading the direction of the category sourcing strategy for the most significant categories.
- Managing all aspects of the commercial, operational, quality and risk management requirements within the category
- The full end to end sourcing and supply process for a category from supporting business partners to developing, defining the requisition/specification needs through to confirmation of delivery and supplier payment. This is achieved through collaborating closely with the various business partners from product specialists, through supply chain, logistics and staff.
- Engaging effectively with the supply market for the category to bring value-added innovation and opportunities to the company.
- Managing on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost-effectiveness, commitment, company reputation and access to market innovation.
- Leading and executing tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities on significant spend areas within the category.
- Identifying and leading opportunities within the category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk.
- Conducting regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows, moving down the supply chain toward original product source.
- Acts as a Procurement Business partner for product/operations
Skills and experience required are:
- Team management and development skills of at least two reports.
- Purchasing experience in Indirect categories
- Strong contract experience
- Strong supplier relationship management experience
- Being commercially aware with an interest in reducing costs to maximise spend
- Management of a £100m spend or a similar amount
- Strong tactical buying and technical buying experience
In applications, we will be looking for:
- Contracts Management is essential
- Indirect Procurement experience is essential
- Supplier Relationship Management is essential
- Proven record of ability to work with senior members of a company
- Stakeholder engagement
- Travel knowledge, interest or experience
- A record of cost savings ability is required
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Manager (Indirect) role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call 07393 140 509| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.