A leading marine manufacturing organisation is looking to recruit a Category Manager for their indirect categories.
This is a company that offers bespoke solutions for its clients.
Reporting to the Head of Indirect Procurement, the successful Category Manager will focus on the procurement of indirect categories, particularly facilities and help deliver the procurement strategy including supplier selection, contract award and supplier performance.
As Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Conduct strategic sourcing activities for the role’s defined category groups, to derive term contracts, manage supply base and instigate supplier continuous improvement programmes.
- Construction and negotiation of supply contracts with external suppliers.
- Lead ‘make vs buy’ analysis and implement appropriate solutions as appropriate.
- Track and report supplier performance, purchase price variance and other relevant KPIs including project updates and benefits delivered.
- Support the wider procurement team through training and development initiatives.
- Working with a range of business stakeholders, support the construction and deployment of category strategies.
Qualifications and experience:
- Procurement experience within indirect categories
- CIPS or equivalent qualifications preferred
- Demonstrable influencing skills
- Extensive contract negotiation skills – commercial and legal aspects
- Comprehensive working knowledge of budgets and financial matters
Benefits of the Category Manager role include:
- Up to £50,000 base salary
- Contributory pension
- 23 days holiday
- Flex benefits
- Free parking
- Hybrid working 3/2
- Flexible working hours
- 12pm finish on a Friday