This FTSE 100 business is recruiting a Category Manager to oversee their HR and Professional Services spend portfolio. The Category encompasses all HR & Professional services spend, totalling approximately £80m.
These are crucial categories for the business, some of which are greenfield opportunities. With all areas, you will be engaging with senior stakeholders across the business, winning hearts and minds, ensuring any solution we deliver in this space truly adds value.
As Category Manager (HR & Professional Services) your role will be varied, and much focussed around building and maintaining relationships with both stakeholders and suppliers alike.
Your role as Category Manager will involve all of the following:
- Managing a Category Buyer, offering coaching and mentoring support to assist in their ongoing career development
- Work with the Category Buyer to plan, develop and execute highly effective procurement activity
- Work closely with your assigned supplier group to ensure strong relationships and performance are maintained
- Responsible for the successful execution of finance activities across the category and supplier portfolios. This includes PI budget creation, forecasting, pipeline management, balance sheet and collections. This also includes continuous planning and execution of working capital improvements for the business
- Engage with senior-level stakeholders across the business to jointly execute strategic projects
Skills and experience required:
- Strong commercial acumen
- Understanding of project management activities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Collaborative style with ability to build relationships at all levels
- Highly effective organisation and planning skills
- Proven category management experience
- Track record of delivery within HR and Professional Services spend categories
This is an opportunity to truly own and develop a category space within a growing business. Your role as Category Manager will see you building relationships with stakeholders at all levels, profiling procurement effectively to achieve effective business partnering.
If you have experience of HR and Professional Services spend categories, and the idea of a greenfield category appeals to you, please get in touch.
Benefits of the Category Manager role include:
- High street retail discounts
- Charity days
To discuss the Category Manager (HR & Professional Services) role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7387103143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.