This household brand, a Global leader in their field, is seeking a Category Manager for Indirect purchasing to support the Global Indirect Procurement Team and have purchasing responsibility across a wide range of Indirect categories, including Capital Expenditure, Travel, Sales & Marketing, Facilities Management and MRO Parts & Services.
This is a fantastic and varied opportunity to use your expert knowledge in developing strong commercial negotiations, building effective supplier relationships, and implementing and embedding a rigorous approach towards ethical & social responsibility.
Flexing your stakeholder management and collaboration skills, you will build strong relationships with Supply Centres, Facilities, Supply Chain Finance, Head Office Functions, Marketing teams, the wider Global Indirect Procurement Team and the supplier base.
A pro-active and strong team player, you will leverage your experience and knowledge to support the achievement of the overall business strategy.
As Category Manager you will:
- Develop and retain an expert knowledge of supplier market place for different categories of spend to ensure credibility with stakeholders
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of spend data using various tools and systems at your disposal
- Develop an end to end best in class sourcing strategy which are aligned to business strategies and challenge the status quo
- Form and lead cross functional teams to manage the delivery of the sourcing strategy
- Have knowledge of contract law and work with legal team to ensure all commercial and legal risks are mitigated
- A minimum of 12 months experience in end to end Category Management
- Be able to travel both within the UK and Internationally (minimal), in particular to visit suppliers and to take part in procurement activities and training courses
- Possess excellent communication and influencing skills
Your ability to build key relationships within a wide range of categories is critical for this appointment. It is pertinent to mention that Procurement has to establish themselves as a value- added service internally as there are no frameworks in place. You will need to justify why the business use you, challenge back when required and ensure you position yourself as the go to person internally for your respective categories.
Indirect and/or direct purchasing experience will be required.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established globally recognised brand. Please apply with an up to date CV today or call Hayley on 01962 869838 for more information.