Due to an internal promotion, this organisation, a renowned global FMCG business with an extremely rich history is looking for a Category Manager to join the Global Procurement team to work on their greenfield projects.
It is a very recognised brand within the UK, that is only continuing to grow and develop. The Procurement team is currently sitting at around 50 people globally and you will be part of a team of seven locally.
International experience is not a pre-requisite; if you are UK-focused and looking to move to a role that expands your European and Global remit, this is a perfect next step!
You will be responsible for developing and implementing category strategies to maximise value for money across their new and developing packaging suppliers. You will be working in a matrix organisation structure and will collaborate with key stakeholders across the business. This means that as well as being Category Manager of the UK side, a key part of the role is project managing and having that important relationship, interacting with different stakeholders.
Further responsibilities include:
- To support the development and implementation of the Packaging Category strategy at a local level.
- To work closely with key stakeholders (internal team members, site and extended stakeholders) to support appropriate Category strategies that add value by driving value, cost savings & innovation, whilst minimizing risk.
- Build knowledge and communication across the Procurement team on category and buying insights.
- Pro-actively inform the Global Category Manager with communications from the local stakeholder community to ensure alignment with the overall strategy being developed.
- Develop and manage relevant Category supplier reviews and positioning.
- To review and finalise with local stakeholders the Contract for Packaging items in compliance to Legal, Finance & Ethical standards.
You will ideally be degree-qualified, and CIPS would be a significant plus. It would be an advantage to have a proven track record of working in Packaging Procurement as well as having a good understanding of the end to end procurement process, including negotiations, supplier and stakeholder relationship management and contract law. You will also be willing and able to travel both within the UK and internationally, in particular to visit suppliers and take part in activities and training courses.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a market leading, household brand.
To find out more, please apply with an up to date CV today or call Hayley on 01962 869838 for more information.