This FTSE 100 business are recruiting a Category Manager to oversee their FM spend portfolio. The Category encompasses all FM spend, totalling approx. £100m. These are crucial categories with significant category growth opportunities.
As Category Manager (FM) your role will be varied and focused on maintaining the mature state of the category whilst identifying and achieving further growth opportunities.
Your role as Category Manager (FM) will involve all of the following:
- Managing a Category Buyer, offering coaching and mentoring support to assist in their ongoing career development
- Work with the Category Buyer to plan, develop and execute highly effective procurement activity
- Work closely with your assigned supplier group to ensure strong relationships and performance are maintained
- Responsible for the successful execution of finance activities across the category and supplier portfolios. This includes PI budget creation, forecasting, pipeline management, balance sheet and collections. This also includes continuous planning and execution of working capital improvements for the business
- Engage with senior-level stakeholders across the business to jointly execute strategic projects
Skills and experience required:
- Strong commercial acumen
- Understanding of project management activities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Collaborative style with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Highly effective organisation and planning skills
- Proven category management experience
- Track record of delivery within FM spend categories
This is an opportunity to truly own and develop a category space within a growing business. Your role as Category Manager will see you building relationships with stakeholders at all levels, profiling procurement effectively to achieve effective business partnering.
If you have experience of FM spend categories, and this role appeals to you, please get in touch.
Benefits of the Category Manager (FM) role include:
- High street retail discounts
- Charity days
To discuss the Category Manager (HR & Professional Services) role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7387103143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.