Procurement Heads has partnered with the No. 1 UK waste management company to support the transformation of the Procurement function across the UK. We’re hiring a Category Manager, specialising in FM & Energy.
Procurement and Supply Chain has been recognised as a key enabler for their corporate goals and has started an ambitious transformation programme to create a high-performing strategic function which partners with the business divisions and manages a cost effective, reliable and innovative supplier base.
The Category Manager is responsible for delivering annual savings targets and supplier quality and delivery expectations for their specific category.
This role is specifically within the FM and Energy categories. As Category Manager you will be responsible for the inhouse FM of 330 locations across the UK and manage the extensive contractor relationships. You will also manage the energy broker relationship.
Your core responsibilities
- Develop a detailed understanding of specific key spend areas and subsequently tender, negotiate and award contracts
- Deliver annual savings targets and supplier quality and delivery expectations
- Develop and maintain an overall set of category strategies to continue to drive cost out, mitigate risk and encourage innovation on a multi-year basis
- Manage sustainability requirements and ensure compliance with SBTi targets
- Ensure accurate reporting of savings delivery and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships
- Ensure compliance with processes, standards and systems as determined by the Procurement Excellence team.
Our essential requirements
- Over 5 years experience of strategic Procurement in a category-management based model with specific knowledge of one of the specific category areas
- Experience in waste management, manufacturing or logistics organisations preferable
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders within matrix organisations
- Experience of major supplier relationships and ability to interact at account manager level with large supplier partners
Salary & Benefits
- £65,000 per annum
- 20% bonus
- 7% Employers pension contribution
- Personal Medical coverage
- Hybrid 3 days per week in office