A new opportunity exclusive to Procurement Heads has arisen to join a market-leading UK housebuilder as their next Category Manager looking after all direct spend worth c£40m across all regions of the UK.
Reporting to the Group Procurement Director who has been in post for 18 months and completely transformed the team of 16, the Category Manager – Directs will work alongside a team of Category Managers, driving the category strategy and SRM framework for your respective remit.
You will have one direct report to assist with the administrative side of your role and will be required to remote manage them depending on where you are based.
Pre Covid-19, this would have been a role that required you to be in the office 4 days a week minimum. The expectation now is that you can live near any of the 4 key regions (North, South, London or the Midlands) and commute as necessary. The two main offices are located in Hampshire and the Midlands.
The role will suit someone who has experience in housebuilding and/or other construction areas such as infrastructure/engineering with a strong preference towards the former.
As Category Manager – Directs, your key responsibilities will be:
- Execute category strategies/projects within the direct procurement space, whilst developing and maintaining knowledge of each category including market dynamics and product life-cycles
- Work with strategic supply partners to assess product innovation whilst putting customers at the hearts of the specifications. Lead the transfer of product SME knowledge and expertise for team members and other departments
- Develop long term sourcing strategies appropriate to product and services within the remit and deliver maximum commercial benefit through the selection and application of appropriate procurement processes
- Implement Supplier Relationship Management with strategic and key suppliers
- Measure and review supplier performance and promote continuous performance improvement through the Supply Chain Excellence Program
- Resolve escalated supplier performance issues and deal with product-related customer complaints
- Ensure full compliance to Group Framework Agreements
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate should have a background which reflects the following elements:
- Minimum 2 years working within a strategic procurement function
- An expert in supplier relationship development and performance improvement
- Tender and contract procurement practice and processes
- Category Management and sourcing tools and techniques
- Relevant product and sub-contract market knowledge
- Negotiation of complex and/or high-value contracts
- Demonstratable experience in developing and implementing strategic initiatives within a procurement environment
- Knowledge of relevant forms of contract and sound commercial knowledge
- Experienced in leading and delivering change
- Ability to forge relationships at all levels and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to evidence the building and nurturing of supplier relationships and demonstrate the value that these relationships delivered
- Strong skills in project management and planning
- Demonstratable expertise in Supplier Relationship Management
- Advanced negotiations
Benefits of the Category Manager – Directs role include:
- £60,00 base salary
- £6k car
- 5% pension
- Bonus of up to 25%
- Private Healthcare
- 24 days holiday rising to 28
- Health checks every two years
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Manager – Directs role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.