An industry-leading high-tech manufacturing company with a global foothold is looking to recruit a Category Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be accountable for the procurement of goods and/or services in the specific commodities assigned with a spend circa 10m. This is primarily a strategic role leading on NPI sourcing and implementing category strategy but will involve some supply chain tasks to.
This role is to backfill a position vacated by an ERP project secondment. The organisation has two main manufacturing facilities in the UK and a strong R&D presence and travel between sites and some international travel will be expected.
This role is looking for a confident self-starter who can get up to speed with the team and the product within their first couple of months.
As Category Manager you will be responsible for:
- Help establish and execute effective commodity strategies that align to corporate/operational needs
- Develop and negotiate supply agreements with key suppliers and then monitor adherence
- Manage tenders, obtain quotes, negotiate pricing and identify and deliver cost reduction initiatives
- Support new product development and introduction
- Manage and implement design changes with minimal business impact
- Effectively manage key supplier relationships (SRM)
- Improve supplier performance (KPI’s)
- Identify and manage supply chain risk
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency in the movement of materials through the end-to-end supply chain
- Support the operational team in managing deliveries and inventory (expediting and rescheduling with high levels of self-sufficiency) where needed
- Collaboration with team members and stakeholders across TGBL and other Trumpf plants primarily in Germany, Poland, China and the USA
- Procurement professional with 5-10 years commercial and operational experience
- Experience of electronics, optics and mechanical commodities would be preferred
- Experience of working in the technology sector and a complex manufacturing environment across multiple locations
- Excellent commercial / financial acumen
- Creation and execution of effective commodity strategies
- Demonstrable and consistent delivery of cost reduction programmes
- Good understanding of project management principles, practices and processes
- Good knowledge of S&OP and MRP/ERP systems
- IT literate, strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Teams