An industry leading design and manufacture engineering company is looking to recruit a new Category Manager - Commodities.
This is a fifth generation family-owned organisation that has grown exponentially over the pandemic.
They are a reputable brand within the industry who pride themselves on their values, standing out from their competition due to the quality of the goods they manufacture.
As Commodity Manager you will own a spend of £8m across various mechanical and electronic components.
You will have a team of purchasing coordinators that will look at the operational needs, while this position will be focused on implementing medium to long term strategies.
This is a company that single sources everything with a global supply chain, therefore it is high in risk and they will need a risk averse candidate to manage accordingly.
If you want to work in a secure and stable industry in a company where the procurement function and strategy is really valued, in a company with a family-feel culture where collaboration and communication is key, then this may be the perfect role for you.
As Category Manager – Commodities you will be responsible for:
- Leading on medium to long term commodity strategies
- Acting as the focal person for contact between relevant suppliers and internal customers
- Managing and evaluating risk effectively with suppliers and managing the risk to the business.
- Leading, evaluating and negotiating tender/Request for Quotation (RFQ) process for new and existing suppliers/parts
- Understanding the commodity market on the company products and also other commodity markets to develop market intelligence and review the impacts on products and processes.
- Support R&D team and engineering team on NPIs taking full ownership of new product parts and routes to market.
- Work with product development and suppliers to deliver cost reduction through component redesign, material change, continuous improvement activities, etc.
Are you a fast thinker who can bring fresh ideas to a company?
Do you have experience in a fast-paced manufacturing role?
Are you prepared to work in a high-risk role inside a high performing team?
If the answers are yes, then you could be the perfect candidate.