A cutting-edge and ambitious healthcare provider in London is recruiting for a positive and engaging Category Manager to join its Clinical Procurement team in London.
The Clinical Procurement team is busier than ever, and the key role of Category Manager (Clinical) will play a massive part in the fight against COVID-19, while also providing additional capacity to support against the delivery of ambitious targets, maximising value and reducing costs.
Reporting to the Senior Category Manager, you’ll line manage a Buyer and take responsibility for a delegated clinical category (or categories) and influence a spend of circa £10-20m.
As Category Manager (Clinical) your key responsibilities will be:
- Line manage a buyer and undertake shared management responsibility for the buying team
- Lead the development of the team’s annual work plan and introduce policy across team and function
- Take the lead for Procurement process by delivering a portfolio of complex and/or high-value contracts
- Deliver operational sourcing programmes for defined categories
- Implement and monitor contract initiatives and conduct market research to support arguments for change
- Support market assessment, management and analysis on behalf of the function
- Authorise new contracts and purchase orders
- Engage successfully with clinical/managerial/end users
- Foster a culture of innovation and improvements and encourage ideas from others
- Deputise for the Senior Category Manager
Skills and experience:
- A strong background in Clinical Procurement, either in the healthcare sector or other
- MCIPS (or equivalent)
- Strong leadership skills
- Gravitas with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Experience working in the public sector
Benefits of the role include:
- 10% bonus
- 12% pension (total contribution)
- 27 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Manager (Clinical) role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.