Procurement Heads is delighted to have taken on a retained search to recruit a Category Manager (Clinical).
Procurement Heads is delighted to have taken on a retained search to recruit a Category Manager (Clinical) by a leading procurement professional services organisation, dedicated to providing procurement solutions to the public sector.
With a stable and experienced senior leadership team, the business is in high demand and is looking to recruit a host of procurement positions across the enterprise, requiring dynamic individuals who can demonstrate public sector rigour with private sector agility.
While clinical experience is desired but not essential for this role, you would need to demonstrate 1-3 years’ directs procurement experience (public sector or private sector), coupled with a hunger to progress within a growing, forward-thinking organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement within an overall team of 31, the role will see you servicing two clients and will be a mixture of remote and office-based work within its Hampshire office.
As Category Manager (Clinical) your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing new and innovative methods of ensuring efficient processes internally and delivering the best value for money externally
- Taking lead responsibility for delivering high-value and complex procurement
- Being responsible for income generation projects and being equipment disposal lead on behalf of one of the clients
- As this role sits within the clinical procurement team, your role will cover a host of different subcategories within the overall clinical spend; as such, your role will cover cataloguing and contract management, standardisation and trialling, and managing capital and revenue spend via compliant processes
- You will also work closely with stakeholders at all levels to deliver the procurement service across various groups
- Providing specialist procurement knowledge across a broad spectrum of commodity areas within clinical
- Taking responsibility for the purchase of goods by delivering a portfolio of complex and high-value contracts and developing new and innovative methods of maximising cash releasing benefits.
- Produce OJEU (previous experience desirable but not required) advertisements, complex tender and contract documentation for an agreed portfolio of contract
- Negotiating with suppliers and user departments to ensure optimum value for money and strong partnerships are maintained
- Working closely with user departments to ensure they produce complete, accurate and relevant specifications and weighting criteria for goods and services
- Offer commercial/contractual advice and guidance to groups for all goods and services as required
- Being responsible for the day-to-day supervision and management of Junior staff by taking responsibility for allocation of work, appraisals, training and assisting with their development
Skills and experience:
- 1-3 years’ clinical (desirable) or directs procurement background
- Knowledge of professional purchasing principles acquired through Degree or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) and relevant training and experience
- Expertise in Contract Management and ideally EU Procurement obtained via formal training as well as significant experience
- Evidence of significant experience of negotiating contracts in a large organisation and a track record of achieving significant cost reductions and adding value activities
- Experience of complex competitive tenders/quotations
- Experience in a customer service environment and management of a specific customer base
- Experience in public or large corporate procurement
- Experience and training in contract management
- Experience in demonstrating new and innovative methods of achieving savings
- Demonstration of strong supplier and customer partnerships
Benefits of the Category Manager (Clinical) role include:
- 27 days annual leave
- 20% pension (total contribution)
- Regular discounts