Due to an internal promotion, this Financial Services organisation operating in 60 countries is looking for a Procurement Category Manager to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Procurement, your focus will be on Marketing Services, although the Category Manager will be involved in wider spend categories as needed.
You will be managing and implementing the Procurement strategy to the agreed scope, using the Category Management Process generating increased efficiency, reduced cost and adherence to best practice.
As Category Manager – (Marketing & Indirects), your key responsibilities will be:
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather, assess and challenge business requirements
- Coordinate delivery of the process/initiative, leading to the establishment of best in class, policy, process, or service Lead delivery of the end-to-end execution of the Procurement process
- Build the Category Strategy when it is not supported by a Global Category Manager and deliver this solution
- Implement local cost optimisation plan
- Challenge stakeholders in a manner appropriate to preserve relationships while achieving the right overall commercial result
- Manage the delivery of Procurement process, policy and procedures (e.g. RFP, RFI, etc) Manage Supplier Relationships
- Negotiate and implement contracts for UK Categories and ensure their compliance with the agreed service, performance, quality and delivery levels.
- Monitor local suppliers, assess and improve their performance including delivery against agreed contractual measures and Corporate Responsibility requirements
- Proactively manage commercial and contractual risk with third party suppliers Manage Expense & Procurement Performance
- Understand in detail the budget approach (by type of expenses, contract, supplier) with Finance and Business Budget Owner to ensure a clear understanding of the budget definition, utilisation, optimisation and compliance
- Contribute to UK Procurement savings and KPI objectives
Skills and experience:
- Educated up to A level (Degree preferable).
- CIPS Professional Procurement qualification.
- 3-5 years of Procurement experience.
Benefits of the Category Manager – (Marketing & Indirects) role include:
- Up to £60k base
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
- Interest-free season ticket loan scheme
- Share Plan Scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Manager – (Marketing & Indirects) in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 7393 140509. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.