Procurement Heads' Public Sector team is recruiting a Category Manager for a leading charitable care provider in Oxfordshire.
Procurement Heads is delighted to be working with a leading, charitable care provider based in Oxfordshire to recruit a Category Manager, responsible for their IT, property, and marketing spend.
The organisation is currently going through an exciting period of transformation.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of this change, working on several important IT and property-related projects.
The procurement function is comprised of this role and two other category managers with occasional support for operational tasks from their related functions. The procurement department will report to the greater commercial function, led by the Commercial Director.
The ideal candidate could come from any background, but the role may not be suitable for someone used to a highly formal, process-driven environment. You should be a strong category manager with knowledge of the IT category, and if possible, property too. Prior experience in transformation and change would also be beneficial.
- Drive implementation of and continually review procurement strategy with key stakeholders thereby ensuring alignment with business direction thus enabling the organisation to achieve its medium to long terms goals
- Ensure the organisation builds and maintains expert knowledge of the key supply markets under control
- Develop relevant supplier relationships that will aid the delivery of the organisation’s strategy, drive innovation, continual improvement and best practices.
- Maximise the ROI on the organisation’s spend with third parties
- Ensure, via collaboration with the business and through project execution, that agreed project targets are delivered to time and within budget.
- Challenge stakeholder requirements and educate stakeholders on the supply base and the market in order to drive maximum benefit and preferred supplier compliance
- Work with the business/key stakeholders in promoting and delivering effective contract and supplier management practices
- Manage risks and ensure value for money through effective negotiations and putting in place appropriate contractual relationships
Benefits of the Category Manager role include:
- Up to £60,000 base salary
- 25 days Annual Leave plus bank holidays
- 6% employer/3% employee pension
This organisation operates a fully hybrid working policy with a typical pattern of three days at home and two days on-site.