Procurement Heads is currently working with a major utilities provider which is seeking to recruit an experienced Category Manager.
Following the initial spend profile analysis, covering £500m per annum of third-party spend, you will have the autonomy to use your initiative to identify and deliver industry-leading procurement strategies, which will support the delivery of our regulated and not regulated business ambitions.
As Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- You will be responsible for managing and delivering the execution of various strategic services.
- Demonstrate value leadership, customer service and innovation, to support our vision of becoming a world-class procurement function.
- Strategy development and effective sourcing execution,
- Delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in the total cost of ownership, value engineering and driving an improved safety performance across the supply chain.
- Monitor supplier performance through building supplier relationships, developing robust and agile contract arrangements
- Interface with stakeholders to determine future third-party spend to develop accurate forecasting of contract renewals
- Deliver and mould new category management approaches, across specified portfolios of spend, ensuring compliance, driving efficiencies, mitigating supply risks and driving down the total cost of ownership to the organisation
- Lead or manage other procurement specialists to deliver sourcing activities in support of category plans
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree educated or equivalent in procurement, business, finance or related discipline
- Experience in a procurement environment, specifically being able to demonstrate the delivery of successful category strategies
- Spend analytical skills to interpret spend profiles to identify alternative and value-added opportunities
- Highly numerate along with highly developed contract/scope drafting and writing skills, ideally with experience gained through interpreting and negotiating complex contracts
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure while still delivering quality output and prioritise requirements where necessary. A keen eye for detail is a must as well as the ability to work methodically through a demanding workload
Benefits of the Category Manager role include:
- £55,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working