As one of the UK’s most iconic brands, this Surrey based business are leading from the front with their innovative and forward-thinking approach.
An established, yet still growing, Procurement function are recruiting a Category Specialist to join them on their strategic journey.
Working in this fast-paced environment, you will collaborate with a team who truly share the vision and goal to deliver breath-taking and thought-provoking technology. You will be an individual with passion, dedication and ambition. In joining this company, you will embark on an upward journey of progression, both individually and as part of the wider team.
Sound like something you want to be a part of? As Category Lead you will take full autonomy in managing category spend, whilst also maintaining a focus on supplier relationship management and governance.
- Take a lead in managing the assigned category spend and relevant sub-categories, including full procurement life-cycle responsibility
- Take accountability for delivery of cost savings targets
- Drive forward Governance & Supplier Relationship Management activities, including maintaining SRM processes with suppliers to build long term relationships
- Act as a pivotal point of contact between suppliers, ensuring stakeholders are always managed effectively
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholder departments to drive quality and service
- Support and challenge the Commercial Category Manager to achieve optimal results for the business
- Applying expert judgement and commercial acumen in making key decisions
- Be conscious of continuous improvement of processes and administrative functions and offer ideas wherever possible
Key experience required:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Category Lead with strategic ability and knowledge of indirect categories. Further skills and experience required are as follows –
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong communication skills with ability to adapt style where needed, lead negotiations with confident nature and challenge where necessary
- Methodical approach with capability to solve problems and use initiative, including the ability to prioritise a demanding workload
- Excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail, including excellent written and presentation skills
- Flexible approach and desire to go the extra mile
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company making a difference. Please apply with an up to date CV today, or call Sophie on 01962 869838 for more information.