A Surrey-based business is seeking a Category Lead to support across property and FM spend. The Category Lead will be pivotal in providing robust and knowledgeable commercial support across the relevant business unit, partnering with key and senior stakeholders in doing so.
The business is known for its iconic product base and encourage people to challenge and think differently. Wherever possible the Category Lead (Property and FM) should share ideas and influence positive change in this role. Joining a supportive team with a culture known to develop and push individuals to their best performance, you can be sure this role will offer the training and support needed to excel in your procurement career.
As Category Lead (Property and FM) your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Management of managed services category (FM and Property) to represent the business’ best commercial interests.
- Support and challenge senior leadership to achieve optimal results for the business.
- Act as liaison between the business and suppliers, ensuring stakeholder requirements and concerns are fully understood and ensure these are fed back during the appropriate stages to the suppliers.
- Development of detailed, intelligent and pragmatic sourcing strategies that align the business’ objectives.
- Continuous improvement of processes and administrative functions required to complete role, to ensure a streamlined and efficient way of working.
- Delivery of commercial and cost saving targets.
- Full procurement life-cycle responsibility and autonomy for sourcing of high quality, value for money goods and services, utilising robust and objective sourcing processes
- Develop SRM processes with suppliers to build long term relationships and synergies based upon common goals and objectives
- Accountability for cost management and savings across the category
Skills and experience required:
It is desired the successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Membership of CIPS or open to studying for CIPS qualification.
- Cross category procurement experience, ideally including FM, Lease management, Construction, and Utilities Purchasing.
- Demonstrated ability to lead negotiations and support in the development of negotiation strategies for large and complex projects and contracts.
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent influencing and interpersonal skills; happy to challenge authority.
- Excellent organisational skills, deadline adherence and exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent written and presentational skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Ability to understand complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and being able to present the information in an informative and simplified manner; such that key decisions can be made quickly and objectively.
- Able to demonstrate a methodical approach to problem-solving.
- A high level of self-motivation to overcome obstacles.
- Capability to lead and influence within a dynamic organisation
- Strong numerical ability.
- Strong communicator/influencer
Benefits of the Category Lead (Property and FM) role include:
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits
To discuss the Category Lead (Property and FM) role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7387 103 143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.