This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving Indirects procurement team as a Category Lead in the picturesque city of Oxford.
The organisation works in partnership with the University of Oxford furthering the university’s objectives of achieving excellence in research, scholarship, and education through publishing worldwide. As part of the culture of this prestigious university you will have access to sports facilities, team sports clubs, choirs, music, drama societies and excellent catering facilities.
As Category Lead of professional services, HR, travel and facilities you will be responsible for a multi-million pound area of spend with exposure to cost savings and strategic challenges for an analytical procurement professional to overcome. If you are looking for a role to give you scope to source globally, execute your end-to-end procurement skills and support category strategy then this is the role for you.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To achieve targeted savings and minimise supplier risk whilst ensuring timely delivery of projects.
- Ability to lead negotiations with suppliers and manage supplier relationships.
- Identifies and involves key stakeholders early and translates their business needs to deliver commercial solutions.
- Develops project plans and prioritises delivery of a number of simultaneous strategic sourcing requirements.
- Can demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships at operational and senior management levels.
- Degree educated.
- CIPS level 4 or higher (or working towards).
- Demonstrable procurement management experience of strategic sourcing in a large company environment, preferably with European or global experience.
- Proven record of delivering cost savings across multiple business units and spend categories.
- Strong communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Proficient in summarising contractual terms and uploading key information to a specified contract management tool.