A Surrey-based business is seeking a Category Lead (Logistics) to provide excellent commercial support and guidance to the Logistics team, ensuring performance in a demanding and perfection driven industry.
The business is known for its iconic product base and encourage people to challenge and think differently, wherever possible the Category Lead (Logistics) should share ideas and influence positive change in this role. Joining a supportive team with a culture known to develop and push individuals to their best performance, you can be sure this role will offer the training and support needed to excel in your procurement career.
As Category Lead (Logistics) your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Management and leadership of buying areas within the Logistics category to represent the business’ best commercial interests
- Act as the liaison between the business and suppliers, ensuring stakeholder requirements and concerns are fully understood and ensure these are fed back during the appropriate stages to the suppliers
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholder departments to drive quality, service and commercial rigour into every aspect of our business
- Full procurement life-cycle responsibility and autonomy for sourcing of high quality, value for money goods and services
- Continuous improvement of processes and administrative functions required to complete role, to ensure a streamlined and efficient way of working
- The setting of clear objectives and monitor the performance of your suppliers and other functions within the organisation
Skills and experience required:
It is desired the successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to lead negotiations and support in the development of negotiation strategies for large and complex projects and contracts
- Cross category procurement experience, ideally including Logistics procurement
- Supply chain management and procurement experience, dealing with both small and large value organisations
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills, deadline adherence and exceptional attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to understand complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and being able to present the information in an informative and simplified manner
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload and manage stakeholders accordingly
- A high level of self-motivation to overcome obstacles
Benefits of the role include:
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits
To discuss the Category Lead (Logistics) role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7387 103 143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.