A growing multinational healthcare organisation with significant global aspirations is investing heavily into its UK procurement function.
As such, it has created a brand-new Category Lead (Indirects) role to lead all indirect third-party spend and join its growing senior procurement leadership team.
Reporting to the Head of Sourcing, you will develop a three-year category strategy and translate this strategy into an annual category work plan. You will also lead the category team, owning the delivery targets and, over time, growing a team.
As Category Lead (Indirects) your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing and implementing a category strategy and annual category sourcing plan
- Managing the category team to deliver the category sourcing plan and annual category targets and support the delivery of wider team KPI’s and targets
- Leading end to end supplier engagement and sourcing activities, from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis, negotiation, performance monitoring and ongoing life cycle management.
- Identifying and delivering evidence-based cost reduction opportunities in the indirect spend category.
- Having a visible presence in the business, acting as a Procurement Business Partner and building your own and your teams credibility with key stakeholders
- Managing, coaching and developing team members
- Ensuring a robust procurement process for all contracted goods and services, identifying and meeting all regulatory and quality standards
- Negotiating contracts, including pricing and commercial terms and the development of SLA’s and KPI’s to support operational requirements
- Supporting the development of global procurement initiatives and their local delivery in the UK
- Managing critical/key suppliers to ensure performance and innovation are delivered during the contract term
Skills and experience:
- A strong indirects generalist with at least three years working as a Category Manager
- Demonstrable experience in leading a category team in a large, multi-site organisation
- A strong track record in the identification and successful delivery of cost reduction opportunities across a range of indirect spend categories
- Ability to flex style and adapt to changing circumstances while ensuring that end goals and quality standards are achieved.
- Strong credibility, business-facing influencing skills and supplier management skills are as important as the professional track record in delivering business benefits from category management and sourcing projects
Benefits of the Category Lead (Indirects) role include:
- Up to £70,000
- £5,000 car allowance
- Up to 20% bonus
- Life assurance
- Company pension
- Private medical
- 25 days annual leave
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Lead (Indirects) role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.