A leading Defence Technology company are looking for an IT Category Lead to join a growing and successful Procurement team in North Hampshire and help drive the 30m IT & Telecoms spend.
Indirect Procurement experience is essential with IT Procurement experience a bonus as the company are willing to train and develop a strategic, innovative minded individual. You would be joining this prestigious company at a time of growth. Realising the digital strategy and transformation is paramount if the company is to reach its goal of doubling their turnover in the next few years. If you are someone who likes ownership, can work autonomously but likes to get involved with projects, this is the role for you. As a company who enjoy giving back to their employees, they embrace dynamic, flexible working which means that you can take on as much responsibility as you like.
- You will be involved in digital transformation work
- Your main task will be renewing the Microsoft global EA license
- Though there is a bidding team, you will be supporting the bidding programmes team which will include consulting the bids team and supporting them with supplier
- Managing IT based supplier relationships
- Renegotiating deals with new suppliers
- IT procurement – software, hardware and Telecoms
- Dealing with all levels of the business – e.g. directors
- Managing the 30m spend across telecoms and IT
- Working independently; providing execution support of projects to the Category Lead and the IT Business.
- Negotiation of key contracts, placement of high value transactions, strategic delivery as well as tactical sourcing, as directed, by the business, Category Lead and Category Plan.
- Project delivery as well as the need to actively seek opportunities within the IT sphere to apply category management principles.
- To create opportunities and work smarter with the ability to influence across the IT delivery teams (including Leadership level)
- Delivering operational, functional and self-serve improvements.
If you are a high flyer, ready to hit the ground running then click apply!