A growing multinational healthcare organisation with significant global aspirations is investing heavily into its UK procurement function.
As such, it has created a brand-new Category Lead (Capital & Maintenance) role to head up equipment and maintenance spend across circa 30 sites and to join its growing senior procurement leadership team.
Reporting to the Head of Sourcing, you will develop a three-year category strategy and translate this strategy into an annual category work plan. You will also lead the category team, owning the delivery targets and, over time, growing a team.
As Category Lead (Capital & Maintenance) your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing and implementing a category strategy and annual category sourcing plan
- Managing the category team to deliver the category sourcing plan and annual category targets and support the delivery of wider team KPI’s and targets
- Leading end-to-end supplier engagement and sourcing activities, from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis, negotiation, performance monitoring and ongoing life cycle management
- Identifying and delivering cost reduction opportunities through consolidating purchases and value engineering requirements
- Supporting the Estates team with room/equipment specifications, development of budgets and business cases and the procurement of equipment for new builds and refurbishments
- Having a visible presence in the business, acting as a Procurement Business Partner and building your own and your teams credibility with key stakeholders
- Managing, coaching and developing team members
- Ensuring a robust procurement process for all goods and services
- Negotiating contracts, including pricing and commercial terms and the development of SLAs and KPIs to support operational requirements
- Supporting the development of global procurement initiatives and their local delivery in the UK
- Managing critical/key suppliers to ensure performance and innovation are delivered during the contract term
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in leading a category team in a large, multi-site organisation
- Strong track record managing complex equipment and maintenance requirements, including supporting business development projects and the identification and successful delivery of cost reduction opportunities
- Ability to flex style and adapt to changing circumstances while ensuring that end goals and quality standards are achieved.
- Strong credibility, business-facing influencing skills and supplier management skills are as important as the professional track record in delivering business benefits from category management and sourcing projects
Benefits of the Category Lead (Capital & Maintenance) role include:
- Up to £70,000
- £5,000 car allowance
- Up to 20% bonus
- Life assurance
- Company pension
- Private medical
- 25 days annual leave
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Lead (Capital & Maintenance) role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.