A growing multinational healthcare organisation with significant global aspirations is investing heavily into its UK procurement function.
As such, it has created a brand-new Category Lead (IT & Digital) role to head up all technology spend and join its growing senior procurement leadership team.
Reporting to the Head of Sourcing, you will develop a three-year category strategy to support the digital transformation plan and translate this strategy into an annual category work plan. You will also lead the category team, owning the delivery targets and, over time, growing a team.
As Category Lead (IT & Digital) your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing a three-year category strategy
- Developing and implementing an annual category sourcing plan that meets the objectives of the category strategy and wider procurement strategy
- Delivering the category sourcing plan and annual category targets and support the delivery of wider team KPI’s and targets
- Being the procurement lead on IT programmes, developing a best-practice approach to hardware and software purchasing
- Providing cost information for budgets and business cases
- Identifying and delivering cost-reduction opportunities based on consolidated purchasing and value engineering.
- Lead end-to-end supplier engagement and sourcing activities, from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis, negotiation, performance monitoring and ongoing life cycle management
- Managing contract renegotiations and renewals
- Having a visible presence in the business, acting as a Procurement Business Partner and building own and team credibility with key stakeholders
- Managing, coaching and developing team members
- Ensuring a robust procurement process for all contracted goods and services, identifying and meeting all regulatory and quality standards
- Negotiating contracts, including pricing and commercial terms and the development of SLA’s and KPI’s to support operational requirements
- Supporting the development of global procurement initiatives and their local delivery
- Commercial service management of critical/key suppliers to ensure performance and innovation are delivered during the contract term
Skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Category Manager
- Experience in developing and implementing category strategy and sourcing plans
- Significant experience in purchasing IT hardware, software (including SaaS/cloud-based services) and telecoms
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure and data security requirements
- Familiar with Strategic Sourcing methodology and its practical application
- Understanding of “total cost of ownership” and its practical application when procuring IT hardware and software.
- Management and Leadership experience (desirable)
- Experience in running complex RFPs from concept to completion (desirable)
- Proficient in the use of SAP or similar (desirable)
- Experience in drafting complex contract terms and conditions, including SLAs and KPIs for IT hardware and software (desirable)
- Previous purchasing experience within the healthcare sector (desirable)
- CIPS Qualified or working towards (desirable)
Benefits of the Category Lead (IT & Digital) role include:
- Life assurance
- Company pension
- Private medical
- 25 days annual leave
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Lead (IT & Digital) role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.