An opportunity to join an established independent not-for-profit organisation based in Guildford. With experience spanning over century, this organisation is well recognised in their field with a strong reputation to match.
Joining a team that is respected across the business and supports key stakeholders through the entire procurement lifecycle, you will work at a strategic level.
You will work closely with such stakeholders to clearly establish procurement needs and develop a strategy to achieve best value for money. Your responsibilities will cover the Facilities & Corporate Services categories, working alongside Category Leads you will take a lead role in sourcing and supplier management activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing facilities and corporate services categories
- Lead in developing procurement strategy for assigned categories
- Stakeholder management activities
- Work closely with suppliers to maintain and develop relationships
- Lead on sourcing activities for assigned categories
- Recognise opportunities to improve efficiencies and report back to Category Leads
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of indirect categories
- Understanding of procurement strategy and best practice
- Previous experience of using procurement / contract management systems and tools
- Basic knowledge of contract law
- Commercial awareness
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Team player
- CIPS level 4 foundation diploma is desirable but not essential
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 5 paid days per year for voluntary service
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- An enhanced maternity/paternity and sick pay scheme
This a fantastic opportunity to join a business with clear social purpose. Please apply with an up to date CV today, or call Sophie on 01962 869838 for more information.