A leading procurement service business is offering an opportunity for a Category Buyer.
This FTSE 100 is looking for a candidate with previous experience as a Buyer, who has the ambition to continue to progress.
As Category Buyer your key responsibilities will be:
- To develop and implement market-leading category strategies & ranges which drive the revenue and profit performance.
- To develop strong relationships both internally and externally.
- To proactively manage the supply base to drive efficiencies
- To work closely with sectors to identify and understand business requirements
- Driving innovation, new ways of working and thinking
- Overseeing the suppliers, ensuring a solid working relationship so that you can influence and persuade moving forward
- Working with clients, both internally and externally
- Conducting pitches and cost negotiations
- Proofread and create contracts
- Track rebates and over-riders
- Manage the critical path of a product
Skills and experience required:
- Customer and market focus – stays close to customers, suppliers and competitors to create market leadership for the business
- Passionate about results and delivery
- Influences successfully and openly at all levels
- Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Ambitious high performer with excess enthusiasm, energy and resilience
- Commercial outlook, exceptional communicator and influencer
In applications we will be looking for:
- A team player
- Quick thinking
- Someone who can hit the ground running
- Self-motivated with drive
Benefits of the Category Buyer role include:
- £42,000 depending on experience
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Work from home Fridays
- Good team dynamic
- Great supply base to manage
- Excellent progression opportunities
To discuss the Category Buyer role in more depth please contact Hannah Abraham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7425 489 269| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.