Procurement Heads are partnering with a FTSE 100 business based in Surrey as they undergo recruitment of multiple Buyers into their established and highly successful procurement team. In joining the organisation, you will help to elevate business capacity in delivering strategic procurement in line with industry best practice.
This team are leading from the front; working with professionalism, offering credible advice that demonstrates commercial acumen and in everything they do there is an entrepreneurial flair. With a shared goal to be the leading business in their field the team are encouraged to share ideas, fresh perspective and innovative solutions.
Upon joining this company, you will embark on a career journey with continuous development and training. Working alongside other Buyers you will benefit from support from both peers and senior management alike.
If you’re a Buyer with experience and knowledge in the food industry and you’re keen to take the next step in your career this could be the opportunity for you! Please read on for more information…
What the role involves;
You will be assigned a product line to suit your background and experience, your role will involve close management of all procurement activity in line with category plans. Further duties and responsibilities include;
- Sourcing appropriate suppliers within your assigned category, conducting sufficient market research in the process
- Engaging with suppliers and leading on negotiations to ensure the best possible value for all parties concerned
- Managing procurement activities across end to end cycles
- Support business stakeholders throughout procurement cycles to ensure relationships are maintained and expectations set accordingly
The person we hope to find;
This role will suit somebody with clear drive, ambition and dedication. The appointed candidate will be committed to achieving the highest levels of commercial success, individually and for the wider team. If you feel you possess the following qualities, we are keen to hear from you;
- Professional and credible communication style, with ability to engage senior business stakeholders
- Ambitious nature with the drive to achieve success
- Entrepreneurial style and confidence to put forward fresh ideas and innovative solutions
- Ability to work at pace and prioritise work effectively
- Although not essential, being CIPS qualified would be advantageous
Finally, it is essential that any candidates applying to this role have previous experience of buying within the food industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Buyer to further develop their procurement career, within a business that offers a progressive and dynamic culture. If you would like to discuss this further please get in touch with Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads today – firstname.lastname@example.org / 01962 869838.