Due to internal promotion, this fast-paced and dynamic FTSE 250 company in North Hampshire is looking to appoint a Category Buyer to based out of their flagship offices in Hampshire. Focusing on bids and tenders, you will be part of a thriving and successful Bids and Programmes team working alongside Category Managers. This is an exciting opportunity because the company is a large and prestigious organisation working with hundreds of customers, housing 6,000 employees and working within the Defence, Aviation and Aerospace industries. If reward is an incentive for you then this would be a role for you as the hiring manager has done this role, loved it and has communicated that not only will you be working on a team really at the epicentre of winning work but the spotlight is shone on those successful individuals making this a good introduction to Category Management and leadership responsibilities.
Our key requirements are:
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Comfortable with fast-paced environments
- Worked on bids and tenders
- Can hold a technical conversation with IT suppliers
- Experience in Supplier Relationship Management
Your responsibilities will include:
- Direct customer campaigns, projects and programmes.
- Building of strong relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Travel and attend meetings, as required within UK or internationally.
- Provide guidance on best practice sourcing to the organisation.
- Ensuring the provision of accurate cost information for bidding purposes.
- Keep up-to-date about customers’ needs and expectations.
- Bid management to include development of sourcing strategy, stakeholder mapping and engagement, bid solicitation, contract negotiation and award, and on-going supplier governance.
- Execution of sourcing plans, especially implementation of change programs involving new suppliers or spend practice.
- Sourcing of one-off, high value goods and services.
If you like technology, are naturally inquisitive, have experience in IT procurement and enjoy influencing people internally and externally then this would be a great opportunity for you.
Please call 01962 869 838 or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org