Reporting into the Head of Category, this is a great opportunity to join a FTSE 100 organisation who push their employees to continue to grow within their careers.
With more than £1 billion of managed spend and more than 200 Procurement professionals, it is a fantastic environment to learn from others around you and join a market-leading organisation.
Working alongside a dynamic and driven team the Category Buyer role will allow you to work on a range of spend areas and projects. You will be onboarding the best suppliers to suit internal and external needs, working on negotiation, pitches and directly with clients.
As Category Buyer your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Category Manager to develop and implement the category strategy
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders to understand their business needs and desires
- Encourage supplier relationships to ensure that we are properly driving commercial value and promoting innovation
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Working in a large organisation with a varied customer and service delivery base
- Experience within FMCG industries or food/beverages
- Understand the principles of category management
- Able to influence at all levels
- Display a strong commercial outlook and capability
- Ability to utilise data and key metrics to make informed decisions
- Excellent written and presentational skills
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Buyer role in more depth please contact Hannah Abraham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7425 489 269 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.