A leading London-based private healthcare company requires an experienced Category Manager - Capital Equipment to join its team.
The Category Manager – Capital Equipment will ensure the medical equipment Capital workstream is maintained and delivered in accordance with agreed budgets and timelines, travel to all sites to assess and liaise with clinical staff to determine prioritised equipment requirements.
They will also liaise with Finance on all medical equipment coding and ensure these are consistently applied and support all of the company’s sites requesting equipment and confirm specification.
As Category Manager – Capital Equipment your key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the medical equipment process flow is adhered to at all times
- Completion of Year 2 Capital plan from initial capital approval, to removal of obsolete asset
- Ensure capital plans are submitted on time by all hospitals and have hospital directors’ approval
- Completion of all clarifications with sites prior to approval
- Present plans to Regional Directors to gain support
- Present plans to Executive board for approval
- Year 2 plan progression to completion
- Manage master asset database additions and deletions
Skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a project management and delivery type role
- Ability to work in a matrix management environment
- Excellent Excel skills are essential
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects tasks at any one time within a fast-paced results-driven environment
- Excellent relationship-building skills and influencing skills with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds. With the ability to work in a multi-site complex environment
- Good IT literacy including MS PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrable track record in communicating ideas to senior management or Board
- Prepared to travel within the UK as necessary
- Strong numeracy and interpretation of financial data
- Medical equipment knowledge desirable but not essential, evidence of ability to rapidly grasp an understanding of products in a technical environment
Benefits of the Category Manager – Capital Equipment role include:
- 15% bonus
How to apply:
To discuss the Category Manager – Capital Equipment role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.