Procurement Heads’ Industrial practice have been retained by one of the UK’s largest waste management organisations to recruit a Buyer.
As a Buyer, you’ll be enabling some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may have otherwise gone to waste.
The role offers a hybrid work model, and you’ll be working from its Barnsley office 3 days a week.
As a Buyer your key responsibilities will be:
- Delivering annual savings targets and supplier quality and delivery expectations.
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders both within the department and the business as a whole to determine the needs of the business and develop strategies to deliver these.
- Meeting with suppliers and other external stakeholders in conjunction with management and individually.
- Developing a detailed understanding of specific key spend areas and subsequently tendering, negotiating, and awarding contracts.
- Managing spend associated with local categories and ensuring compliance with Group category strategies for Group spend.
- Ensuring implementation of policies, processes, and systems for Procurement, as defined by Procurement Excellence.
Skills and experience:
- 3 years relevant procurement experience
- Experience in retail, or a related sector advantageous
- Strong strategic thinking and analysis capabilities and experience in influencing stakeholders within matrix organisations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Up to £40,000 salary
- Private medical insurance
- 7% employer pension contribution
- 24 days annual leave