As a market leader in their field, this organisation delivers world-class facilities and outstanding service levels. Due to an internal promotion, an exciting opportunity has arisen within the Technical Purchasing Team for a Buyer.
Reporting to the Technical Purchasing Manager, this role is primarily responsible for the tactical sourcing of all operational Goods required.
Working with the technical teams, your role will be the tactical sourcing, negotiation and purchase of urgent, priority & routine operational Goods including obsolete, one off and infrequently purchased spare parts and consumables. You will ensure quality, service levels, price and supply logistics meet the commercial and internal customers’ needs.
As Buyer you will:
- Support the Category Buyer and Operational Teams, implementing defined Sourcing Strategies, with the strategic OEM suppliers on major equipment
- Carry out supplier management ensuring items are tracked & root cause of failures identified and handled
- Instigate and conduct supplier meetings where appropriate to support operational objectives
- Identify further opportunities to drive service and maximise value for money
- Ensure order information in the purchasing system is updated in a timely manner
- Resolve invoice queries within 14 days
- Ensure timely interaction with the logistics team to make certain Goods are transported through the logistics network in a cost-efficient manner
In order to be successful within the role you will have knowledge of purchasing systems and processes and good/up to date knowledge of MS-Office with strong Excel skills.
- You will be a strong negotiator able to see opportunities and positively influence supplier relationships and performance
- Good level of purchasing experience and previous experience in an MRO environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a FTSE 100 organisation and develop your career through succession planning. This organisation is an employer of choice on the South Coast with a fantastic reputation. To find out more, please apply with an up to date CV today or call Hayley on 01962 869838 for more information.