Procurement Heads are partnering with a leading manufacturing business based in Surrey as they recruit a Buyer within their specialist project procurement team. The Buyer is joining to offer valuable support on a complex and business critical project.
Joining a newly structured team with a fresh strategy in place, you will work alongside dynamic colleagues with vibrant energy and genuine passion for procurement. As a visible point of contact for senior business stakeholders you will play a pivotal role in delivering best practice procurement support.
In joining a business where employees are close-knit and supportive you will benefit from ongoing career development. The Procurement Director is dedicated to training and all Buyers are offered support with CIPs. If you’re a Buyer looking to take the next step in your career, this could be the opportunity for you.
What the role involves;
You will be assigned to a very specific project involving direct procurement, engaging in full end to end cycles. Further skills and experience are as follows;
- Act as a single point of contact for the project team, offering sound procurement and commercial advice and guidance throughout project timelines
- Engage stakeholders across the business ensuring relationships are maintained and expectations managed accordingly
- Support sales functions within the business to secure new business through providing accurate data where required
- Create bid and project procurement strategies, ensuring clear communication of cost, time and quality deliverables
- Establish bill of materials costs for key stages of product maturity. You will identify and pursue all savings and cost efficiencies
- Lead the planning of materials to ensure timely deliveries within budget
- Provide routine management reports to demonstrate supply chain performance
- Manage subcontract risk and opportunities, ensuring risk is mitigated
The person we hope to find;
This role will suit an experienced Buyer who capable of managing complex, large-scale and often agile projects. Skills and experience required are as follows;
- Ability to take ownership over key tasks and prioritise workload effectively
- Ideally a background in manufacturing, engineering or defence indsutries
- Proven procurement experience and sound knowledge of developing robust supply chains
- Ability to manage low-level maturity design and skilled in cost estimating
- Excellent communication skills with strong negotiation ability
- CIPs preferred, or currently working towards
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Buyer to further develop their procurement career, within a business that offers a progressive and dynamic culture. If you would like to discuss this further please get in touch with Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads today – email@example.com / 01962 869838.