One of the UK's top 25 companies to work for is hiring a Buyer/Procurement Specialist.
Recognised as one of the UK’s top companies to work for, this healthcare brand is looking for a Buyer to join its London team.
The role would see you work on a variety of hospital infrastructure projects, procuring services and products for refurbishments and new properties. This might include sourcing floors and doors or mechanical and electrical services.
With a total spend of around £400m across the established procurement function, this role would see you report into the Indirects Category Manager.
This role will suit someone with around 2+ years of procurement experience who’s comfortable running end-to-end processes independently.
Personality will also be a big factor: if you’re keen and hungry to learn with a great attitude, this is the role for you.
The company was recognised for their outstanding employee support of health and wellbeing during the pandemic and provides a 24/7 hub for all staff to help them live a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
The procurement team is a stable one, with a family culture. They like to promote internally: all but one of the Category Managers in the team have come through Buyer roles like this one.
They’re currently operating a hybrid model of working, with 1-2 days a week in their London office.
Key responsibilities of the Buyer role:
- Developing sourcing strategies for all relevant spend categories focusing on infrastructure related spend. Supporting the Projects team in building vendor lists and specifications for infrastructure
- Reactively supporting stakeholders to resolve issues in the BAU operation of services
- Undertaking detailed spend analysis considering various spend types and timeframes to determine the overall commercial value
- Planning and project managing the on-time in full delivery of savings projects working collaboratively with key stakeholders
- Executing the end-to-end tendering process, including drafting tender requirements and specifications and commercial negotiations
- Supplier contract management (operational and commercial, ensuring billing is correct and suppliers are complying with KPIs)
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to both internal and external stakeholders through continuous improvement activities
Key requirements of the Buyer role:
- Proactive and enthusiastic personality
- Understanding of and interest in procurement as a function
- Analytical approach with an attention to detail
- Aptitude and interest in organisation and management of work and information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous buyer or procurement support experience, preferably within the procurement of services
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Strong numerical skills (including data analysis and modelling)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including presentations and reports)
Benefits of the Buyer role:
- £35-40,000 salary
- Full CIPS sponsorship
- 24/7 wellbeing support
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday