A rapidly expanding global healthcare organisation has created a brand-new Buyer role to work within the Med & Pharma category.
The company has aspirations to be No.1 in the UK and is therefore investing heavily in procurement.
The Head of Procurement has transformed the way in which spend has typically been managed, creating a centralised function and implementing a category led model.
They have grown from a team of seven to a team of 22 and are now looking to take on another additional Buyer.
You will work directly alongside the Med and Pharma category lead, supporting and leading on strategic projects across all of their medical spends.
This Buyer role will give you complete ownership over end-to-end procurement processes, with the support of a strong category lead who has previous experience as a medical practitioner.
This is a private sector company and therefore isn’t restricted to the bureaucracies associated with public sector health care, but still offers you reliability and stability similar to the NHS.
As Buyer (Med & Pharma) you will:
- Contribute to the development of the annual Medical and Pharma category work plan.
- Initiate and deliver category projects and targets, support the delivery of wider team targets and operational KPIs
- Have a visible presence in the business and build credibility with key stakeholders
- Ensure a robust procurement process for all contracted goods and services, identifying and meeting all regulatory and quality standards
- Negotiate robust contracts, including pricing and commercial terms and the development of SLAs and KPIs to support operational requirements
- Ensure compliance with all Procurement policies and processes
- Support the development of global procurement initiatives and their local implementation
- Manage core/non-core suppliers to ensure performance and innovation are delivered during the contract term
The company are looking for a capable and inquisitive individual who can take a project and run with it.
This is a high performing yet supportive team and if individuals join with the right attitude and are invested in learning they can grow at pace.
As a Buyer (Med & Pharma) you will be rewarded with:
- £45k salary
- £5k car allowance
- Private medical
- Enhanced pension