This small but thriving company in Southampton is about to embark on a plethora of exciting projects and is looking for someone to join them in their current and future global success. This role sits within the manufacturing, direct procurement division and requires someone to buy the machinery that enables this company to generate efficient, planet-saving energy. The growing awareness of how efficient energy is cost-saving and kind to our planet has seen this company working on more and more projects with various companies.
This is an exciting opportunity because not only is this company in a real time of growth and success but the success will continue to grow and as will this role. Should you want more responsibility or want to be involved in more strategic sourcing for those niche, bespoke projects then this can be accommodated. Regular 1:1’s with your manager ensures that your thoughts are heard and quarterly meetings with the whole company including the CEO means that any suggestions you have will be discussed. The benefits of a small company are abundant, and this company is a great example of how being open, honest, welcoming and agile can turn a workplace into a fully functioning and successful company.
- Responsible for aspects of day to day supplier relationship and managing expectations and performance.
- Raising purchasing orders in line with ERP, project or specific requests
- Review acknowledgements, price and delivery. Actively work with suppliers to ensure delivery dates are met. Ensure MRP is updated in a timely manner.
- Regularly review purchasing action messages and action orders as required
- Respond to actual or potential material shortages and report in daily production meeting
- Coordinates with Quality on faulty material and organise the return of faulty goods back to supplier
- Communicate regularly with suppliers to ensure requirements are fully understood
- Manage purchasing activities associated with engineering change
- Manage issue resolution activities with suppliers to ensure continuity of supply
- Actively progress cost reduction opportunities and ensure best overall cost of purchase
- Process invoice queries in good time
- Process goods in receipt queries in good time
If you are a Junior Buyer looking for that next step and looking for more growth and development in yourself then this company is providing the opportunity to learn and lead. Since this role is autonomous, reporting to and working alongside your manager, there will be times when other departments will need assistance, updates and advice, therefore if you are confident, hungry for growth with a manufacturing background then click apply!