An established business with over 30 years’ experience in the hospitality industry. True perfectionists in what they do, dedicated to making the best possible first impression, delivering service excellence and outstanding quality to customers.
As Buyer you will be joining a highly capable Procurement team with a strategic track record. Alongside other Buyers in the team you will work closely with the Head of Procurement and Commercial Lead to deliver the agreed objectives in line with Procurement strategy.
The Buyer will be aligned to refurbishment services and is therefore responsible for the procurement of mechanical, electrical and plumbing components. However, the scope of this role is not limited to this, and a degree of flexibility to support on a range of projects is required.
You will be responsible for managing relationships with current suppliers and engaging new suppliers to support on key projects across the business. In line with this you will be careful to reduce cost where possible and deliver savings. You will maintain open lines of communication with senior stakeholders and act as a commercial advisor where required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Identify cost savings opportunities through alternative products and services, being sure to continue challenging the supplier base for seeking new innovations and cost optimization to provide value for money
• Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, monitoring performance throughout
• Support with the tender process, including the selection of contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation
• Maintain communication lines with key stakeholders, ensuring projects are delivered effectively and on time, whilst managing expectations at all times
• Maintain the procurement system
• Assist with suppliers consolidations
• Provide accurate monthly reporting as requested
Skills and Experience Required:
We are looking for a Buyer who has previous experience of running full tender processes, working with confidence and autonomy. There is significant training, development and support offered as part of this role, we are looking for a candidate with the necessary drive and ambition to succeed and progress.
• Further skills and experience required are as follows –
• Working knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
• Ability to lead negoations with suppliers and carry process through to contract award
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to establish and maintain key business relationships
• A drive and ambition to self-develop and progress in your career
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritise a busy workload effectively
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career. To discuss further please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. All enquiries are handled confidentially.