An international financial services group with a stellar reputation worldwide is seeking a Buyer to join its Procurement team, based in Central London.
As a Buyer of indirect spend, you will be responsible for a host of categories of expense, including IT, Professional Services, HR and others, in support of the UK territory businesses. This is an exciting, greenfield role where you can really make your mark, influencing stakeholders and expenditure in parts of the UK Group that currently have no Procurement support.
- Commercially managing sourcing activity (RFIs/RFPs/RFQs) for projects, ensuring agreed business objectives and quality standards are delivered on time and on budget
- Developing sourcing strategies and supplier networks for specified areas of spend, to meet CIB or Group UK territory needs
- Gathering and analysing data and information on spend, supply markets, supplier costs, and performance to assess these for opportunities
- Supporting the implementation of agreed sourcing strategies and monitor progress, and acting as necessary to achieve targets and improvements in cost, quality, service and innovation
- Providing colleagues and internal clients at all levels in the different business lines with expert advice and guidance in order to enable them to understand and maximize the benefits achievable from good practice in supplier management, contractualisation and Procurement process
- Identifying, recommending, negotiating, and implementing contractual changes as required in order to ensure costs and services evolve to match changing business needs and priorities
- Working closely with the Legal team and/or external counsel to understand and manage legal risks associated with supplier contracts, and ensuring compliance with relevant law and regulation
- Contributing to the development and promotion of Procurement models, standards and policies covering procedures, documentation, governance, vendor risk management etc to drive consistency and good practice
- Proactively participating in strategic developments that impact the category or function – especially any major investments, outsourcing initiatives or policy changes
- Proven Procurement experience ideally (five years+) within a global Procurement function (FTSE 100/250)
- Financial Services exposure is advantageous
- Led or participated in Procurement projects
- Led negotiations and buying skills – can demonstrate track record of savings
- Experience of negotiating vendor contracts / SOWs / addendums
- Familiarity with Category Management / Strategic Sourcing process an advantage
- Has used Procurement tools e.g. Ariba / Ivalua etc (advantageous)
- Degree / Post-graduate qualified or equivalent
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-renowned financial services business and gain tangible trajectory in your career. If you think you possess the skills and behaviours listed above, I am keen to hear from you!
To discuss this role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. All enquiries are handled confidentially.