This is organisation is the largest publishing organisation of its kind in the world. It’s looking to recruit its next Buyer to work within their established Procurement function. This is a chance to be part of a Procurement team that is valued throughout the organisation.
With a procurement team of 15+ your role will focus on Indirect Categories primarily Professional Services whilst having the opportunity to expose yourself to multiple Categories. This is a great role and opportunity for someone who wants to develop their career in a challenging and engaging environment.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal customers and external suppliers
- Acting as the sourcing lead on agreed projects
- Support the delivery of business analysis (opportunities to lead analysis will be possible)
- Negotiating supply terms
- Identify saving opportunities
- Formalise supply contracts, implement supply arrangements and support the transition for new supplier appointments
- Understand supplier pricing models to resolve queries
- Excellent commercial and negotiation skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, effective at solving problems
- Previous supplier management experience and an understanding of procurement
- The ability to learn quickly with high levels of organisation and time management skills
- A customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Procurement function that lead from the front. If you feel you are ready for a new challenge, I’d love to hear from you.
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads. All enquiries are confidential, you can reach Joe on 01962 869 838 / Joe@procurementheads.com.