This fantastic, growing Hampshire-based company can claim to be the UK’s leader in their industry sector and is now looking for a Buyer to be part of a team of 5.
This company is offering you the chance of considerable progression whereby you can progress to Senior Buyer & Supply Chain Manager with their bespoke training and development in place.
The organisation has had exceptional growth going from a £6m turnover to £35m in one year. With a new CEO and Procurement Manager leading them into further growth in the next 3 years, this is a very exciting time to join the company.
- Working to the order placement schedule, sending RFQ’S and order enquiries to suppliers,
- Communicating issues to the team and administer system purchase order entry and adjustments
- Analysing trends and managing stock accordingly
- Working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Identifying areas for continuous improvement
- Achieving personal annual cost reduction targets
- Managing a supplier / category portfolio
- Minimizing stock holding while ensuring no stock outs
- Establishing key relationships with stakeholders
- Identifying suitable suppliers for supply and manufacture of components
Skills and experience required:
- CIPS Qualification
- Sourcing & negotiation experience
- Supplier relationship / performance management
- Cost saving / value adding experience
- Advanced Excel
In applications, we will be looking for:
- Previous experience of buying within manufacturing
- Be confident in developing professional relationships
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be able to work well as part of a team
- Drive and ambitious
- Experience with engineering drawings and BoM’s
- Computer literate – Sound MRP experience & Microsoft package.
- Forecasting / stock control experience
Benefits of the Supplier Relationship Manager role include:
- Bupa Health Scheme
- Half-day Friday
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
To discuss the Buyer role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07393 140 509. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.